Science Experiments: Life in Water
I love exploring nature with my kids! To awaken their curiosity and wonder at what there is to be found in nature is so rewarding! You can spark the little scientist in your child by helping him observe creatures using a simple magnifying glass! Try the following Biology observation experiment:
LIFE IN WATER
Biology observation – pond ecosystem.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Magnifying glass
- Rubber gloves
- Shallow glass dish
- White paper
- Water from a pond
WHAT TO DO:
- Collect water from the pond.
- Use the net to scoop up creatures from the pond – and a bit of the mud from the bottom too!
- Place white paper on a table and the shallow glass dish on top of it.
- Pour the pond water and creatures into the dish.
- Study the creatures with the magnifying glass.
- Draw what you see.
- Do research and find out more about each creature.